The manpower gap is a famous rooftop gap in Evry, France. The take-off roof has a very small area to run up on, and a rim on the edge which is used to step off. The landing roof is covered in gravel, and it also has a rim which must be cleared on the edge. There is also an extremely large drop in-between the two rooftops.
The gap was first shown in 1999 in a news report about parkour for the French television channel TF1, in which David Belle executed the jump as a part of his 'way to get down from a 4 stories building in 15 seconds'.
It gained further exposure in the film Banlieue 13 (released 2004) when David Belle jumped it to escape pursuers at the end of a chase scene, a stunt which he did without the aid of any safety equipment.
- "David Belle - Le Parkour" Koreus.com
- "YouTube - District 13 Parkour Scene". Youtube.com
- "3RUN Forums • View topic - Standing Manpower Gap!". 3run.co.uk
- "YouTube - Peter Spoelma - Manpower Gap Standing". Youtube.com
- "Christophe "ER" Picot - Home - 3RUN Parkour & Freerunning Forums". 3run.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-02-10.