Mirror's Edge is a first-person action/adventure game developed by EA Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts based around parkour. The game was released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in November 2008, and a Windows version was also released on January 16, 2009.
The game is set in a futuristic city where information is heavily monitored, so agile couriers called Runners transport sensitive data away from prying eyes. The game player controls a Runner called Faith, whose sister was framed for a crime and is now being hunted, so must use parkour to traverse the rooftops of skyscrapers, and combat skills, to evade capture.
EA has confirmed that work on a sequel is current in progress.
The game received generally positive reviews, with a MetaCritic average of 79/100, and a handful of ratings as high as 90/100. Criticisms were generally on elements such as the "cramped" feel of some the levels, the short length and the poor storyline and animated cutscenes.
- "EA :: Mirror's Edge" (Official website)
- "Mirror's Edge PC Release January 13; Time Trial DLC Late January - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads". Shacknews.com
- "Play.com (UK) : Mirror's Edge : PlayStation3 - Free Delivery". Play.com
- "EA confirms ‘small team’ working on Mirror’s Edge 2 - Mirror's Edge Pure Time Trial Map Pack for Xbox 360 News - VideoGamer.com". Videogamer.com
- "Mirror's Edge (ps3) reviews at Metacritic.com". Metacritic.com
- "Mirror's Edge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". Wikipedia.org