Areas with parkour bans in effect
 Moreton, UK
In July 2009, a ban was placed on parkour in Moreton, an area just outside Liverpool, UK. This was the first known instance of parkour explicitly being prohibited across a whole town. The reasoning behind the ban was anti-social behaviour linked to practitioners of parkour.
As of August 2010, the ban is still in place.
 Manhattan, New York
On August 21, 2010, it was reported by M2 of American Parkour that parkour, by name, had been banned in parks in The Battery area, and the immediately surrounding downtown area with a $300 fine. Original plans to overturn the ban included setting up an online petition, and holding jams without regard for the ban.
- "Official Ban Of Parkour In Moreton - - 3RUN Parkour & Freerunning Forums". 3run.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-08-25.
- "MORETON BAN - THE LATEST - 3RUN Parkour & Freerunning Forums". 3run.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-08-25.
- "YouTube - ITV Granada News Reports - Moreton Parkour Ban". youtube.com. Retrieved 2010-08-25.
- "Parkour Banned in NYC". americanparkour.com. Retrieved 2010-08-25.
- "Parkour: Banned | Urban Freeflow ® Official Freerun/Parkour Site". urbanfreeflow.com. Retrieved 2010-08-25.
- "Parkour Enthusiasts and Professionals against the ban of Parkour in NYC". ipetitions.com. Retrieved 2010-08-25.